Philips commissioned an original research to understand peoples’ perception towards connected care and the role it plays in the future of healthcare. The Future Health Index platform is an informative website that aims to facilitate discussion and collaboration on the future of health.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Koninklijke Philips N.V. or its affiliates or subsidiaries (Philips).
This privacy notice describes:
- What personal data is processed by Philips when you make use of the Future Health Index Platform;
- For what purposes your personal data is used;
- How your personal data is accessed; and
- For how long your personal data is stored.
- Also, we will describe how you can have control over your personal data.
Please note that this privacy notice is based upon Philips Privacy Rules for Customer, Supplier and Business Partner Data. If there are any contradictions between this privacy notice and the Privacy Rules, then the Privacy Rules will have to be given priority.
In other words: We highly value privacy at Philips. Therefore, please read our privacy notice carefully.
What personal data do we process during your usage of the Future Health Index platform?
When you log into the Future Health Index platform as a user using your LinkedIn account, Philips will process the following personal data:
- LinkedIn ID number
- Email address
- Name and last name
- Profile picture
- Current positions
In other words: We process information that you have actively shared on LinkedIn
When you want to contribute to the Future Health Index platform as an author you will have to sign up to the Future Health Index platform via a WordPress account. In that case Philips will process the following personal data:
- Nickname [required]
- Email address [required]
- Username [optional]
- First name [optional]
- Last name [optional]
- Website link [optional]
- Google+ link [optional]
- Twitter URL [optional]
- Facebook URL [optional]
- LinkedIn URL [optional]
- Biographical info that you provide [optional]
- Profile Picture [optional]
In other words: We process the information you have shared when you signed up as an author
When you sign up for our Future of Health Index platform newsletter, Philips will process the following personal data:
- Your name and last name
- Your email address
- Aggregated online behavior in relation to mailings (open rate, click-through rate, etc.)
- Aggregated online behavior in relation to site usage (unique visitors, average time spent, bounce rate, etc.)
In other words: We will send you personalized Future Health Index platform newsletters to the email address that you have actively shared with us.
In addition to the above, Philips will also publish the comments and/or articles which you have posted in the Future Health Index Platform.
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on the Future of Health Index platform can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media partners are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize you when you wish to share content. These social media partners may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. For more information please look at our Cookie notice.
Why do we need to process your personal data?
- To facilitate a Future of Health Index platform.
- So you can participate in discussions on the Future of Health Index platform and to publish your comments on the Future of Health Index platform via your LinkedIn profile.
- So that you can publish your articles on the Future of Health Index platform.
- So that you receive email updates about new research data and new articles published (newsletter form)
- To edit inappropriate and/or unlawful content based on our moderation policy.
In other words: We need your personal data so that you can contribute to the Future of Health Index platform and receive related email updates in case you subscribe.
Who can access my personal data?
- Only officially Philips and LinkedIn registered administrators may have access to your personal data on a need-to-know basis.
- For any other purpose, Philips will not disclose your personal data unless we have your prior permission or when we are required by law to do so.
In other words: The Future of Health Index Platform is a public platform, so everybody can see what you have shared. We will never share your information for other purposes than mentioned in this privacy notice or in the terms & conditions.
How can I control my personal data?
- The personal data that is shown is uploaded directly from LinkedIn and/or WordPress. Please make sure that the personal data in your LinkedIn and/or WordPress account is correct prior to your participation in the Future of Health Index Platform.
- If you want to update/correct the data on the Future of Health Index Platform after making the connection with your LinkedIn account, you may send a request to: Futurehealthindex@Philips.com, or to Privacy@Philips.com, or log in to your Future of Health Index account
- If you want to delete your personal data or withdraw your consent or opt-out of further communication, log into your Future of Health Index account, or you may send a request to: Futurehealthindex@Philips.com or to Privacy@Philips.com
- You also have the right to receive an overview of the information that we hold of you. Please send a request per email to: Futurehealthindex@Philips.com or to Privacy@Philips.com
- We shall inform you within 4 weeks after receiving your requests of our position with regard to your request and if any actions will or have been taken in response.
In other words: You can update, access or delete your data in your Future of Health Index account or send us an email at Futurehealthindex@Philips.com or to Privacy@philips.com with your privacy request.
For how long will my personal data be stored and why?
- Your personal data on the Future of Health Index Platform will be stored as long as the Future of Health Index Platform is available. When you delete your account or when you request your data to be deleted, we will ensure your data is deleted within 4 weeks and/or that your comments are anonymized.
In other words: We will ensure your data will no longer be stored than is necessary for the purpose of the Future of Health Index Platform.
Where is my personal data stored?
- We store your personal data in the Netherlands and in Ireland
In other words: We store your data in the Netherlands and in Ireland
How is my personal data secured?
- Philips is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In other words: we will do our best to keep your data secured
Special information for parents
- While the Future of Health Index platform is generally not targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Philips’ policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s information is collected, used or disclosed.
- Philips strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
Can this privacy notice be changed?
- We may revise this privacy notice from time to time. The most current version of the notice will govern our use of your personal data and will always be at https://www.futurehealthindex.com/privacy/.
- If we make a change to this notice that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you via an update on the Future of Health Index Platform or send an email to the email address associated with your account. By continuing to access or make us of our services after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
In other words: If we change anything of real significance, we will update you on the Future of Health Index Platform and/or via an email if you have subscribed
Effective: 01 June 2016, v1.0